Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Thrill of the Hunt at Thrift Stores

An exciting aspect of creating wearable art is the thrill of the hunt for unique materials. Whenever I travel to a new city, I always visit local thrift stores to look for inventory to add to my "made for art projects" collection.

My most recent find was a large assortment of vintage buttons. Buttons can be used for many different wearable art projects, including rings! Any local craft store should have various types of ring bases for sale, most  are available in one size fits all styles. I used a 22 gauge wire to arrange and attach the buttons in a fashionable way.
 Your new recycled button ring is a great accessory to compliment your fall wardrobe. These cool creations also make great gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment