Monday, October 7, 2013

Duel Birthdays With Fabulous DIY Decor!


This weekend we celebrated dual birthdays. Rod & Dana, husband and wife, hosted an at-home celebration for their immediate family. In order to make their dining room look and feel like a party, I relied on celebrity party planner David Tutera to help make the party pop! Using products from David Tutera Casual Elegance, available exclusively at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores, I transformed the dining room into a party room!

For a creative personalized centerpiece, I reused empty champagne bottles, removed the labels and rinsed them out. I filled each bottle with sand, glued burlap to the bottle and added flowers to the bottle. The mini chalkboard was a great finishing touch!


David Tutera has these cute paper lanterns that can easily be suspended from the ceiling with hemp cord and a few pieces of tape. Another great item from his line are the pre-printed cards. I suspended the numbers 5 and 3 from the lanterns, adding another personal element to the decor.
 
Every good party has favors! David Tutera has many options to choose from, adding another layer of fabulousness to the party decorations. I added decorative lace and hemp to the baskets for the perfect amount of charm. Each favor had a different type of candy inside.
 
 
A few other finishing touches that made this party table pop were the cute burlap bows I tied to each chair and the decorative butterfly napkin rings.

Doesn't this table look fabulous? I can't wait for the next birthday party so I can use more products from David Tutera Casual Elegance to bring the event up a few notches!

No comments:

Post a Comment