Thursday, August 29, 2013

Rustic Jewelry Inspired By Beautiful Utah

Last week I had a chance to visit the beautiful state of Utah! The official state slogan is "Life Elevated" which is a perfect name for a place surrounded by mountains. Everyone I met during my great adventure was so warm and welcoming. I traveled to Provo, Utah, which is located south of Salt Lake City, for a short day trip. The Brigham Young campus is so beautiful and the surrounding town is so quaint! Another highlight of the trip was visitng Park City, Utah. The town has a rustic, artsy vibe perfect for skiers and outdoor lovers.

My next two projects are inspired by the rustic, outdoorsy Utah vibe. For the necklace, I used Blue Moon Beads new line called the Stone Age Collection. What I love about the Stone Age Collection is the quality of the beads. I used several stones to create this fun necklace, along with a few additional pieces from their line.


During my trip, I had a chance to work with some new crafters who showed me a few tricks for a decoupage project. This bracelet is a mixed media project using beads & paper! In order to create this bracelet, you will need a basic wood bracelet, Modge Podge, craft glue, decorative paper and some beads. I used two types of paper from from DCWV, Inc and beads from Blue Moon Beads.

I definitly plan on going back to Utah in the winter time to hit the slopes! In the meantime, I will be wearing these two fabulous accessories as a reminder of such a beautiful place!


No comments:

Post a Comment