Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Modern Chain Statement Necklace

Blue Moon Beads just came out with several varieties of chain and I must say that I love them all. There are so many varieties to choose from, which makes creating new pieces even more fun. The new line of chain is out in JoAnn Fabric stores now.
For my next piece, I wanted used three very different types of chain to create a statement necklace perfect for your next night out in a little black dress. This multi layered chain necklace was created by layering three types of chain and weaving them through a round donut shaped bead from Blue Moon's Stone Age Collection. The donut is attached to the chain with a piece of black ribbon.
Each strand is attached to two silver rings, which also anchors two strands of black ribbon. Lately I have been using ribbon as opposed to a traditional clasp. Necklaces are much more versatile this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment