Monday, January 26, 2015

Mardi Gras Rhino

Mardi Gras near and i wanted to make something festive to compliment an upcoming dinner party. I found this really cute Wall Zoo animal at JoAnn's that looked perfect to recreate the feeling of being on Bourbon Street.


Using Folk Art Extreme Glitter Acrylic Paint and a paint brush, I covered each piece of the rhino with two coats.


After the paint finished drying, I started to assemble the rhino according to the instructions. I added a cutout from DCWV's multi-use adhesive jeweled sheet for the headboard of the rhino.
Using other textures and colors of paper, I traced alongside the cutoff's and used Blue Dots to attach each piece. For the glitter paper, I removed a cutout to make room and slid it in the core of rhino.

For additional Mardi Gras flair I added beads, chain and flatbacks from Blue Moon Beads to put the finishing touches on the rhino with hot glue.

 Using a piece of ribbon, I added the Mardi Gras Rhino to an old door frame and continued with a few additional decorations with May Arts Ribbon and DCWV's Premium Paper.

What do you think of my Mardi Gras decorations? 



No comments:

Post a Comment